The 26th Hussars was a cavalry regiment of the British Army from 1941 to 1943.
The regiment was raised at Meerut in June 1941 from a cadre of personnel taken from the 14th/20th King’s Hussars and was assigned to 2nd Indian Armoured Brigade. The regiment was later moved to 255th Indian Armoured Brigade at Sialkot.
It was later disbanded at Secunderabad in October 1943 with the personnel being transferred to the 3rd Carabiniers.
Account by a former member of the 26th Hussars